Board of Director Candidacy Application
Applications accepted from September 1 – November 15 each year
IBRBS is now accepting applications for candidates for the 2021 Board of Directors election, which will take place in February 2021.
As a member-driven and all-volunteer organization, we encourage members to take an active part in shaping the future of IBRBS by running for a position on the Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for serving the members by providing valuable benefits and services, and for managing the organization in an efficient and cost-effective manner. You can read more about the requirements of the Board of Directors and the Election in Articles IV and V of the member-approved Bylaws.
There will be four, three-year positions open for the 2021 Election.
Candidate Eligibility and Term:
- Elected Directors serve a three-year term.
- All candidates shall have been a full (dues-paying) member for at least two consecutive years prior to the election.
- Candidates shall have endorsements from a minimum of five full members.
Expectations of Serving on the Board of Directors
Each Director is expected to take an active part in the operation and management of IBRBS. Work is accomplished by committees, under the leadership of a Board-elected Officer. You can review the organizational structure to see the various committees that carry out the Board’s decisions. Directors are expected to:
- Attend scheduled meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Participate and/or serve as Liaison or Chair to at least one or more committees.
- Attend scheduled committee meetings.
- Support and assist in the implementation of decisions by the President and Board.
- Represent the interests of the members in all votes and decisions.
- Demonstrate the IBRBS Tenets and represent the organization with integrity and professionalism.
- Acknowledge and comply with the Code of Ethics and Rules of Conduct Policy and the Conflict of Interest Policy.
Before you proceed to the Application
- Have the full names and email addresses of at least five full (dues-paying) IBRBS members who endorse your candidacy.
- Be sure your member profile has been updated with a valid photo of you in character.
If you have any questions, please contact us at Elections@IBRBSantas.org.