Have a question about membership with IBRBS? These Frequently Asked Questions can help you find your answer quickly. If you have a question that isn’t answered here, please write to Membership@IBRBSantas.org.
Click on the question to go to the answer.
General Membership Questions
- Why should I join IBRBS?
- Who can join IBRBS?
- What is an Affiliated Chapter?
- Why should I renew my IBRBS membership if I don’t have any appearances for the upcoming season?
- Can I join or renew without a background check or insurance?
- When can I renew my membership?
- Can I join IBRBS any time during the year?
Background Checks and Insurance
- What type of Background Check is available through IBRBS?
- What type of Entertainers’ Liability insurance is available through IBRBS?
- Does insurance cover virtual visits as well as in-person visits?
- I work with multiple assistants at appearances; can my assistants be covered under my insurance policy or must they have their own policy?
- Can I deduct any part of what I pay (dues, background check, insurance) on my tax returns?
- Can I pay my insurance premium in installments?
- If I have a claim filed against me as a Christmas performer, what do I do?
- How does insurance address COVID-19 or other infectious diseases?